Question regarding Wagering Policy

xBamfo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I have looked at the wagering policy on the Second Life wiki and am a bit unclear on whether an idea I had would qualify as a violation of it.

I would like to run a sort of lottery. It would work like a raffle drawing each time. People would buy tickets, the money gathered would go into a pot, and then whoever's ticket is drawn gains the pot.

Would this go against Second Life's  policies? Or would I be allowed to run something like this?

xBamfo wrote:

Hello. I have looked at the wagering policy on the Second Life wiki and am a bit unclear on whether an idea I had would qualify as a violation of it.

I would like to run a sort of lottery. It would work like a raffle drawing each time. People would buy tickets, the money gathered would go into a pot, and then whoever's ticket is drawn gains the pot.

Would this go against Second Life's  policies? Or would I be allowed to run something like this?

A good rule of thumb is that if you thought of something, hundreds of others have already had the same thought. If a scene is totally overpopulated like breedables, it's probably approved by LL. If an idea involves something like gambling and you see a strange lack of competition, don't mistake that for an opportunity. There is a reason for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.