textured and downloaded is a problem?

Veraull

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I was wondering if I should choose a avi, with a low weight of texture, prims, scripts or wherever we can name it. I have a Crux avatar, and If I choose a different prim hair it put 10 000 or more, and once a sim eject me coz my high scrips, I see a few avatars with 20 000 but Is good, is bad, no matter etc?

Veraull wrote:

Hello. I was wondering if I should choose a avi, with a low weight of texture, prims, scripts or wherever we can name it. I have a Crux avatar, and If I choose a different prim hair it put 10 000 or more, and once a sim eject me coz my high scrips, I see a few avatars with 20 000 but Is good, is bad, no matter etc?

The number you're referring to is called the "render weight" of an avatar, or how much work it is for the viewer to draw it. In general, lower is better for this number. 10 000 is actually quite good; even 20 000 is good. Many avatars are well over 100 000.

The reason you were ejected from the sim was for something completely different - the number/size of scripts your avatar was running, which is a measure of the amount of work the server has to do to run all the various features of your avatar. This isn't included in the "render weight" number you've been looking at. You can see this number in the viewer by bringing up "About Land", clicking the "Script Info" button and selecting  the "My Avatar" tab.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.