Collada file imports from Wings no longer working?

Miguelito Shilova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I apologize if this post seems a bit odd, but has anyone noticed SL having issues with .dae mesh files coming from Wings3D?

I know some folks out there use it, as have I for a few years. But just recently it seems something has changed. I tried bringing in a .dae file this past week and Model Import tool in SL keeps giving me the 'dae parsing error'. The mesh is clean and has only a 134 polygon count. I also created a simple cube dae file and got the same error.

Can anyone tell me if they are aware of problems importing mesh? And how do I find the log that shows the details of the dae parsing error?

Really weird how it suddenlty just stopped working.

Mig

The parsing error can have several reasons. The most common one has to do with object names, and file pathes on your machine. Make sure the object has no spaces in it's name in Wings, and make sure your file path doesn't have any special characters like #, or something else. Also a too deeply nested folder structure can lead to such problems. So I would recommend exporting the cube to your desktop and try uploading from there as a test.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.