Help creating a stream for music

Thrawa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, i dont know anything at all about streaming. I have tried both shoutcast and radionomy. 

With shoutcast i cant find a single guide that tells me what to do from scratch until im ready to stream, and it feels like im supposed to know a whole bunch of stuff that is not explained in the guide.

Radionomy feels like i wont have a lot of control. i have to set up daily plans and cant just chose a specific song, artist or playlist at will. 

So if anyone could walk me through how to set up a stream, from start to finish, i would be cery grateful. :)

I would prefer it to be free, give me good control over what is played and when, and if i can control it locally that would be marvelous.

if you want control over the content you have to stream yourself.

You can do that from your own pc, or rent a stream.

If shoutcast help isn't enough for you to get it working, i'm affraid you won't find any better.

Most easy solution is renting one. You only need to apply the things the renting company sends to you in the dj software and you'r up and running.

This type of streaming is of course not free.

If you just want music, pick one of the thousends on shoutcast and add it to your parcel.

Shoutcast would be enough for me. at least if it does what i think it does.

My problem is that i have no idea how to set it up. there is no step by step tutorial or guide that explains what i need to do and that is what im asking for in this post. Everything i have found seems to be written with someone who knows how this works in mind, not a complete noob.

3 componants for a stream:  the source (your computer playing the media), a relay (shoutcast, icecast, etc), and a reciever (inworld device like a radio or tv)

9 out of ten, when you rent a streaming relay provider from a vendor inworld or online it will give you instructions, but besides the stream you will also need software on your computer (shoutcast.com has alot of instructions on thier site to set this up), like Winamp (a product of shoutcast) to produce the stream, and you will need a device inworld to act as a reciever which you can get for free at any freebie store. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Streaming_Music  has good info to get you started.

I did check that wiki page and decided to go the shoutcast / winamp route. The problem was after starting the server in the command window i couldnt figure out how to proceed at all. i just got stuck and the guide i found for setting things up was for winamp only. it assumed i allready had everything else set up. i couldnt find anything else. i guess my google-fu is bad in this case.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.