Second life and Blender missing folder.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings, so I've decided to upload my Avitar to blender by turning it into a xml (Or something like that) file which can be used by blender and imported. However in the tutorials, it is mentioned that I should look in my secondlife/logs/casanovarose96 folder, a that is where the xml file would be saved. I however am unable to find any folder containing the second life documents and the same goes for BLender, as I have downloaded a xml plugin which requires will to move some folders into the add-on folder.

So I was wondering if  anyone is able to help me find the neccesary folders. Oh yes and, if anyone coud give me a link to a good xml import  plugin apart from wiz daxter plug-in, that would be wonderfull.

Kind regards,

CassR96

Hi Cass.

You have to save that xml-file yourself, it´s not being saved automatically, like e.g. your IM logs or settings.

Assuming you use the Linden Lab viewer (the default viewer):

If you haven´t activated the 'Develop' - menu, do that in your viewer Preferences.

There you can also see where on your PC the SecondlLife viewer files get saved (and change it, if wanted).

Click the 'Develop'-menu and move your mouse to this, that should save your shape to XML:

Then you should find your file in the location you saw in your Preference-menu, unless you changed the default, that would be something like:

C:\Users\YourWindows-Username\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\Casanovarose96_s_NumberOfFileYouSaved.xml

That only works with a shape you have full permissions for though, you can only export your shape if you made it yourself or bought it full permissions. If it´s a bought shape, chances are it´s not full permissions, you can check by finding the shape in your inventory and rightclick it, then click 'Properties, it´s only full perm, if all 3 fields are checked for 'You can...'

I´m not sure what you mean with the same goes for blender, any folders you actively downloaded should be in your usual windows-download-folder, unless you designated a different place to download things to.

You have to extract your downloaded add-on in your blender-folder, which is something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.71\scripts\addons, then enable the add-on in your blender user preferences, the add-on should then appear in Import/Export in blender.

There is the Avastar add-on, it´s not free, but there is a lot of info on the site and you tube tutorials.  http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avastar/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.