Fancy Script Text No Longer Showing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well most of it is, but not all. Example in pic:

http://i.imgur.com/LxQpzKv.png

You can see, the letter 'a' shows up but not the letter 't' which gets replaced by little boxes, even though both are from the same script text (I think it's called script text anyway?).

No idea why this happens, it used to all show fine without any problems but now it don't? Like sometimes I see someone and their display name is mostly the little boxes :matte-motes-crying:

Anyone know why and if there's a way I can fix this?

Incidentally, when I try to change my own display name, like a lot of script text aint allowed and it won't let me change it even though I see other peeps with the same text?! :matte-motes-angry:

It might be missing language/character packs.

From the firestorm website:

Missing Characters

If some characters now display as boxes, you will need to reinstall Windows language packs. Some of the more common language packs are Chinese, Japanese and Korean, though if you installed those and still see boxes, you will want to ask the person using those characters to tell you what language they are so that you can install the appropriate language pack.

1. Log out of Firestorm.
  2. Go to the Windows Start menu and choose Settings.
  3. In the window that opens, click in the search field at the top right and type in “language”
  4. Select Add a language from the search results.
  5. Click the + Add a language option and select the language from the list. The contents of the window scrolls left and right.
  6. Back in the Add a language section, click the newly added language and choose Options.
  7. Click the top Download button. The language will download and install, and it may take some time.
  8. Repeat this for each language pack you wish to install.
  9. Now log into Firestorm, you should see the missing characters correctly rendered.

I hope that helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.