Lost Firestorm user preferences and cant update.

naughtyniece

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

When i logged on to Firestorm (4.7.5.4795) this morning all my user preferences have been forgotten, and if i change something then log off and on, it all resets again?

Is this a bug with the viewer or something i need to do so retreive my preferences, (i have changed lots of defaults to make it ideal for me)

Suzie

1 answer to this question

You need to find your backup file on your hard drive if you have one.  It is named "settings per account.xml "  Go to Preferences>Backup and show the viewer where it is using the Backup Path.  Then hit Restore Settings.  You will need to relog.

You have to backup your settings in Preferences yourself, if you want to back them up.  It doesn't happen automatically.  You also specify where the backup file should be located.  I keep mine in my library document folder so when I do a clean reinstall it isn't deleted.

If you can't find the file or didn't actually perform a backup, you will have to reset all your settings manually.  Once that is done, back them up and specify a safe place to store the file.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.