A couple of days ago all my alts avatars would not download...

examining

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I feel I'm under attack, but I am not sure. I just mention it to explain why I chose this place to post.

A few days ago, my sim's graphics settings kept changing without me having done so and the Linden's trees were vanishing, the water was'nt as before translucent (in the sea) the sky did not look real as before, with moving clouds but as an empty globe etc. I asked the sim managers and advised to change the trees settings but reluctantly (a guy who intimidated me "did nt you changed it yourself by mistake?") and then they changed again.  I was scared as they kept doing so and when I uninstalled and reinstalled the sl viewer, when I entered through Brightcanopy which is not a viewer but a browser and through Lymiya which is a mobile viewer. Definitely this was not a viewer problem. I contctad the sim's managers again and they said to ask SL about my accounts as this is not a land issue.

Then all my alts would never download, not even if I tried to wear another avatar, in no way whatsoever, even when I went to Pooley and applied female test. In Pooley the teleport leads under the sea, I stayed there since I could not see my avi and was entering and getting out repeatedly trying, all the times some male avatar was there under the sea looking at me.

I entered through Brightcanopy though and all the avies downloaded correctly.

But the trees still were vanishing and I had to correct their settings in Brightcanopy too, I found a way to correct the sea but not the sky.

I decided to dvd recover my computer and secure it the best way I can, and I'm in the middle of this but I entered through Lymiya and three of my four alts were disfigured, I mean I recognize the hair or the clothes but they are uggly monsters.  I had a couple of weeks before my mastercard blocked by Linden on the pretext of some unauthorized transaction attempt and now I found out the 5th alt I had is on hold.

Perhaps SL is more than I thought similar to the first. But I believe this, nobody can make me something I do not want to, here.  So I post this and I shall see what I do next. Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year 2016!

P.S. A few moments before christmas: 1) Hold.  Stil recovering from my card block, as soon as I'll have done so completely I'll handle the avatar hold situation.  The why to happen is the abuse issue for my opinion

2) All other problems stopped immediately after having posted here. Yes my pc is not a very powerful system but problems in my accounts simultaneously in all those media and in internet cafes sl viewers is an abuse issue for my opinion again.  Of course did not want to prove something, just to get rid of the problems, which I did thanks to you, for my opinion third time.

So merry christmas and a happy new year 2016!

1 answer to this question

This sounds like a few issues bundled together. I'll try and be comprehensive and address each in turn.

1. All of these symptoms sound like graphical/rendering issues. It is correct to say that they're not land issues, and certainly not abuse issues.
  2. Brightcanopy and Lumiya use non-standard rendering strategies. I would try the standard viewer before making big conclusions and, secondly - if there's a reason for using these limited viewers, you haven't been clear about it - which makes me think that perhaps your device isn't too capable of normal performance within SL and this 'acting out' 
  3. Disfiguring views are normal while your cache is rebuilt. This should return to normal provided your viewer can render everything normally.
  4. Hold isn't a permanent state of being, you can recover accounts on hold by contacting support.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.