Question about where to set up my virtual classroom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody. I need to setup a virtual classroom in SL for research. I've been looking into lands for sale on mainland but don't think any is suitable for a teaching environment. I am new to SL in general. So, I will appreciate it if someone could point me to the right direction so I can start to have a small place where I can set up my class.

Hi Alwin. Thank you for replying. I have a premium membership but all the lands I've looked at in mainland feel too residential to fit a classroom. I was looking into renting land in private islands. I would rather have a place either isolated and quiet or maybe some place near other educational establishments.

I can provide you with free land. I have 2 adjacent sims. Come to Cookie and look around there and on Thinkerers Quest to the south. Keep in mind that a virtual classroom can be in the air at an altitude high enough to be practically inaccessible without a landmark. If you want to talk to me, I am thinkerer.melville

I can help you in some building and other aspects of SL. I have a blog: Virtual Outworlding, with general information about virtual worlds and their use in education.  I will not charge for educational land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.