"Different # of Textural Faces Error" & LODs

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I realize that the uploader error really means to say that there are a different number of materials for the LODs.  But I can't upload any LODs, even when all the levels have just one material, and are all made starting with the highest LOD, using a combination of decimate and handmade optimization. 

Anyone have the faintest idea why I cannot upload LODs and am forced to use the uploader generated ones?

BTW the weirdest thing is when I kept getting errors I exported the high level LOD as obj then imported as .dae, and it ADDED another material, one I had never seen before, and none of the LODs had been assigned. 

Hi :)

Pamela Galli wrote:

BTW the weirdest thing is when I kept getting errors I exported the high level LOD as obj then imported as .dae, and it ADDED another material, one I had never seen before, and none of the LODs had been assigned. 

If you do the following in Blender:

Add > Mesh > Cube and give it a Material, Export Cube as .obj .

With the same Blender file still open :

File > Import > .obj and import the Cube.obj .

When you select the imported cube it has a new material, Material.001 assigned to it.

I had a similar Uploader error a few weeks ago, …… I may be mixing this up with a different error but I do remember I had an error that seemed nothing to do with physics but when I used a simple cube for Physics the uploader magically allowed me to upload.

Other than that I would suggest you start by up trying to find out if it is one or all of the lower LOD’s that is causing the error. Like try using the Lowest LOD mesh in the Med, Low and Lowest LOD slots.

If that’s still causing the error then simplify the Lowest LOD mesh to a single triangle and repeat ............ :)

Hi Aquila and TY so much for replying. I am stuck here trying to figure out what to do now.

This is what the window materials orginally were:  

and this is what they were when exported and imported as obj:

And the faced that were assigned to 'panes" were all assigned to "panes_small  etc."

But my most urgent problem now is a porch railing that has ONE material.  The LODs each have that same one material -- I made them by deleting faces from the high LOD. But I just get the message that there are a different # of faces.  

I am thinking I will just have to go with a different style house trim because in order to use the generated LODs and have the mesh look decent, the LI has to go sky high.

The only thing I would suggest is that you upload your Railings .blend file to  http://www.pasteall.org/blend/  and then either post the new URL here (or to me inworld ) so that we can have a look at it and also see if we get the same error when uploading to SL.

That would be the .blend file before you tried the export/import .obj "trick"  :)

I tried uploading -- I copied the file and deleted everything but the rail, window, and LODs, but the file size remained over 300 MB.  

So I selected the objects and exported as .dae, and imported those into a brand new file. Except nothing imported. I tried it twice. The dae size is 709 b.

So the file and everything in it is just corrupt. At least I got the roof made before it broke.  I guess I will just try exporting/importing as obj and see what happens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.