Credit card info

Mily Sandalwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wonder if someone can help me please.

I have yesterday and today attempted to upload  Linden to my  SL account and I keep being told that this is not possible.  I have tried  using viewer 2 and again it didnt go through on there.  

In the past when this has happened it has helped to reenter my credit card details  so I went and deleted them to reenter them but I simply can not find anywhere I can  enter the card. I spoke with a friend whom is in the Usa (I am in the UK) and she says what I see

: VAT ID
Add VAT ID

We are required to collect Value Added Tax (VAT) for consumers of Second Life digital goods and services who reside in the European Union (EU). If you are a business and are reselling, or adding value to our product before providing it to a consumer, you are eligible to provide your EU-issued VAT ID number to be excluded from this assessment.
Click here for more info
Help
Second Life Account

is not what i smeant to be in Billing info. She was quite adament that what I was seeing is membership plan. when I click on membership plan I however get "  change membership plan and you can choose a different membership plan at any time.  To me that would suggest I am  definetly in the right place there.

my friend said when I click billing I should get this

Credit Card  

PayPalYou need a Verified PayPal account to use this option.

The PayPal monthly default limit for automatic billing agreements is USD250. If you intend to charge more than USD250, you must go to PayPal and raise that limit. Instructions to do so are in our Knowledge Base under the keyword search

and in the past I have found it very straight forward to change. What has happened/changed?  is it becauase I am in the UK ?  and how do I get  to dl my card to get Linden on my card (I need to go buy dances laughs)

I hope it is ok to  upload this here I couldnt see a forum that would be  relevant

thank you

Mily

I think its because you are in the UK. I can't change the billing info on my account either My debit card is out of date and I can't update it. They're supposed to be making changes and adding more options but for now it seems that no UK cards will work. I've been forced to give up my land because of this.

Thank you Mattie that is my worry as I have land  payments to do as well at some point.

At least I have friends in the US whom would be willing to take a payment from me and convert but it is not good to have to rely on people that way.  I really hope that it is not so

So why does Mily's card work but not mine? The list on that wiki page says credit and debit cards are fine but mine doesn't work (and it is not a prepaid or gift card, it's a legitimate Visa debit card attached to a UK bank account).

Matty  I went into   my account  (www.secondlife.com  place) then  where it   on the  left hand side bar says  yoour linden and says  buy linden I clicked that and then it takes yu through to  credit card info    you need to do it there every time and its in my opinion not an inprovement but at least I can  get the Linden I need to keep land and  my dance obsession in check.

hope that helps?

Well I can't do it the way you do because I already have a debit card on file, which worked fine until it reached its expiry date a couple of months ago.  But If I go to "update payment details", exactly the same way as I've always done before, it won't allow it, even though it's a replacement debit card for the same bank account. It doesn't even say "pending" for an hour like it used to. It just flat refuses the card immediately.

And yes I've checked with my bank and they haven't blocked SL.

"Warning: Initially, the new payment system will be available only to new Residents outside the US, and to those who do not have existing payment information on file. Soon, the system will available to existing Residents outside the US who already have payment information on file."

Can anyone tell me please when this system will be available to existing residents outside the US (and yes, I already have payment information on file) - i have tried buying lindens using the new system - it says i need to correct fields marked with an error (there are none) and, therefore, I cant submit the form.  My update billing information has completely disappeared so can't add new details there either.  Oh joy!!

Anemone Debruyere wrote:

"Warning:
 Initially, the new payment system will be available only to 
new
 Residents outside the US, and to those who do not have existing payment information on file. "

So... if I make an alt, it would work?

• 1 month later...

Hey

I am from the UK and i had the same problem reffering to the first poster...

I phoned 0800 048 4646

The person behind the phone was so helpful..

All I had to do is to add a new payment method...

It renewed my paypal and i have a new payment method on the system.

All i did was ADD $25 to LindeX and There!! all reverted back to normal :)

Thank you THE PERSON BEHIND THE PHOEN XXXX

• 1 month later...

I am dutch and  my creditcard keeps pending for update, I cannot buy lindens and its been weeks now ,

I mailed with lindenlab

They adviced me to use firefox browser

Didn't work either.

Im sort of in the mood to just kiss sl goodbye

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.