I've lost control of a group -- how do I get it back?

Gloria Nubalo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I started a group well over a year ago.  It has grown well and has well over 300 members.

Recently, I started having trouble admitting new members -- they wouldn't show up in the list when I went to give them tags.  Now, I can no longer see any of the membership list.

Something else may have a role here, not sure.  A friend has started another group using my group name with a couple more words tacked on at the end.  He also used most of my description.  When I search for my group, I find his but not mine.

I don't want to stop his group -- but I want control of mine back.  I suspect this may be a glitch caused by the similarity in the group names.

What can I do to regain control of my group?

1 answer to this question

The similarity in names should not be a problem...technically, I mean.  Of course, it can cause confusion among members and potential members.

If you are still listed as the group Owner, you haven't lost control of it.  To avoid losing control, don't assign anyone else in the Owner role.

Your members might not be showing up because of the size of the group.  Over a certain size, not all the members are shown, to help keep group lag down.  Ask them if they got and accepted the invite.  Although that doesn't explain your not seeing ANY members...that may be a temporary SL glitch.

Your group not showing in Search might be due to the following:

Removing a group from Second Life search

By default a group will appear in Second Life search results.  To remove it from search results:

1. Open the group profile.
  2. In the General section deselect Show In Search to remove the group from Second Life search.
  3. Click Save.

If the above doesn't help, maybe there IS a problem with your group.  File a Support Case!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.