Falling effect and "stuttering" movements?

M0RTUARY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry, i'm a tad bit new to the forums here. Anyways i've been here for a few months and not once have I had an issue such as this. I do not lag, at all - whatsover, unless i'm in a crowded sim. So here's the problem, whenever I go on top of ANY object and decide to get off and get back to the ground my avatar thinks its pretty funny to play this big dramatic falling effect and my friends can see this too! My avatar also seems to skip and spazz whenever I walk, I took my AO off and even went full on naked because I'm so confused with both issues.

As soon is the "falling effect" stops my avatar "grows" / height changes and it's really aggravating me.

I've filmed it here: wow look /

(full thing wasnt recorded because !! wow it crashed !!)

Another issue i've been struggling with is the dreaded "blue screen", everytime I log onto second life I can't even get a solid 15 minutes on here without my entire computer crashing, and no - it's not because of lag either. I recently updated to windows 10 and firestorm thought it'd be a pretty wicked idea to update, all of my friends insisted I upgrade because it would cause less problems for me, wrong - utter hell.

the blue screen of death !! / click here to see it.

If you need anymore information feel free to ask. :P

First, what you are seeing looks like the default falling animation. If you are using mesh funiture, chances are you're hitting the "bounding boxes" on them.

As for the crashing...let FS know. What video card are you using and are you using FS 32 bit or 64 bit?  There are more problems starting to show up with FS and Win 10. I think there's a problem in the coding somewhere so Win10 and FS don't play well together. 

I'm pretty sure it's the 32 bit, the first time I installed it, it said that I needed to update my graphics card - but firestorm had said that FS did not support win10, so they gave us a different version to switch in the files and it worked, but all these bugs happened.

And as for the "wooo look at me im a balloon" effect it happens everywhere, anywhere I go, I walked outside of my friends house and ended up dropping on the ground and became a floating balloon avatar, I flew all around the sim (okay maybe like 3-4 inches.) and then fell down and I think I spazz out after it.

I found out the problem! I bought a pair of wings for 565L, now i'm upset because I didn't purchase linden I saved for it. :(

Everytime I wear the wings (there's an HUD that allows me to hide the wings) it makes me do all the things I showed an told you in the video. With the wings off it's normal.

I'm going to contact the creator shortly.

I actually just got the problem solved, haha - thank goodness I kept the box they were in, i'm not quite sure what happened with the wings in the first place but the new pair I got from the box works just fine and my avatar works normally again.

I downgraded to win7, hopefully the blue screen of death doesnt come for me again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.