My profile view seems to not have structure and only shows headers. Do I update something?

OculusSee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It shows a white screen with just the headers and practically nothing else.  Like its lacking the plugin to display it properly.  What am I missing?

Some may consider it the browser.

**Update**

I'm not sure if you understood me correctly or if I'm just not understanding.  I'm talking about the actual second life viewer's browser in game.  Not my internet browsers.  Although I do know it uses the plugins to maybe IE?  Or can you change that?  And just for reference Firestorm shows things just fine, but the direct viewer doesnt.  (Yes I need the direct viewer to work :p)

::Edit:: Please help!  That didn't help me or at least I need to have it explained to me how it works.

1 answer to this question

Hi Oculus,

If it is your browser, it's easy enough to try another. I use Safari (my default) and Firefox (my backup) to diagnose hiccups. I also use Firestorm (my default) and LL's SL viewer (my backup) for the same reason.

If you can see your profile correctly in an alternative browser, then it's probably a browser issue, perhaps something as simple as borked cookies. Reset the misbehaving browser and try again. If no browser can see your profile correctly, that's harder to explain and may be a content sensitive issue in your OS or router. I think that's highly unlikely.

So, try another browser!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.