unable to buy $L because of preferences set at Linden Labs. transaction fails!!!

visu88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am Visu from India. I am trying to buy Lindens using PAYPAL, but transactions are failing. I tried to contact paypal and they say that merchant (Linden Labs) has set some preferences because of which transaction is failing. Can you please help me out how to resolve this issue?

3 answers to this question

Your PayPal account must be "verified"...that is, linked to a backup Real Life bank account or a major credit card.  If you choose the bank account option, you must ALSO keep enough money in the PayPal account to cover charges from LL.

The procedure to upgrade your account to "verified" status can be found on the PayPal website.

Hi Lindal, Thanks for the response. My paypal account is verified and I have sufficent funds. I am able to pay my friends using paypal. But when I am trying to buy $L it fails with following message "There was a problem charging your payment method".

I also tried to pay using my VISA debit card. And I see the same problem. What would be the problem?

Note: My bank currency is INR.

And also, the money you deposit in PayPal must be converted to US dollars if you want to use it to pay Linden Lab (PayPal can do this conversion).

See:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.3.5

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/List-of-accepted-payment-methods-by-country/ta-p/2953878

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.