Keep getting logged out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I keep getting logged out automatically, I do apologize if this is in a wrong thread, but everytime I'm on a sim, I keep getting logged out and it's annoying me big time, I want to spend time with my friends and once it logs me out, it gives me a crash log, I can't even spend time with my partner at all.

If you guys can help, that would be great. :)

This is often caused by network interuptions. Wireless networks in particular can give problems. There are a few things you can try.

From the View menu, choose "Show statistics" and look at the ping sim time. If it's too large it means that the sim is not getting a response from your client in sufficient time and is deciding you are no longer in that sim. Sometimes you connect to an SL server with low times, other times it seems high, and I don't know any other way to get a good time, it's luck of the draw.

If you are using a wifi connection, try moving your machine closer to the router, or repositioning it.

Find your ADSL download speed, and make sure the bandwidth setting in your network tab is set to less than this. A suggestion is to divide the download speed by the number of people using your router and not set your bandwidth higher than this value.

Check other running applications on your machine that might be using the router for traffic and stop them whist connected to SL.

Check for any attachments you are wearing thatg are heavily scripted, although my experience is that these don't cause you to be logged out of a sim, they cause you to have TP-fails and a consequent logout.

The only other thing that seems to work for me when this sort of thing happens is to not stand for too long in one spot, but to keep moving around a little bit. Each time you move you send information back to the sim which then recalculates your position, and in doing so seems to keep track of you better than if you are just sitting or standing in the same spot.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.