Seeking Clients

MorganAmeliaRose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a photographer and I am trying to build up an online portfolio so I am currently seeking Males and Females. I am offering a discount price of L$50-100 depending on the time you want. All photos will be sent through email. Please Email at MorganSecondlife@yahoo.com if you are interested and I will get back with you ASAP with an appointment time.

Thank you,
Morgan.

I do get a laugh when the usual types summon all of their RL business acumen and bring it to a virtual world. You do realize that even if you have any skill at all (which would immediately distinguish you from the other 100,000 SL "photographers") and were actually serious about this, that you would need to drop the pretense of asking for payment until you have an established portfolio which can be displayed?

The person has a point... if you call yourself a photographer, and you do...

MorganAmeliaRose wrote:

I am a photographer 

...then you should have at least one site (in this virtual world this is mostly Flickr altough bloggers have occupied it) to showcase your photography skills/attempts. And to get some most people either practice on friends or, if you don't have any, just search for the "pile up" groups on Flickr, there you can find thousands of raw snapshots, all different avatars and styles. 

Pile up groups are also good way to start promoting yourself because, after you have finished editing a certain photo, you can post it under comments on the original photo, and many people can see it. Also, you can submit the edited photo in groups. 

Asking for money when you have nothing to show off is not good; you will attract people who only chase for freebies and they will, trust me I tried it, be the most picky about how the photo turned out, or won't even say thank you. You should always include a photo example, or don't call yourself a photographer. I saw that you are rl one, but SL is different ;) Here is my avi if you want to edit, its raw snapshot :) 

pooks bare face.jpg

• 1 month later...

I agree with Radium.

The start is not that simple, you must take shoots for free and asking people around or friends (almost all are happy to be photographed).

Build your online book..... I use DRIVE for HD shoots and photoshop edited photos.

When your work is appreciated you can start to ask money for them ..... good luck !!! ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.