Building Inside Linden Home

Amlinx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I bought a premium membership this morning and got myself a Linden Home. Since then I've seen a whole bunch of videos and theads, a lot relatively recent,  of neat decorating. People have been building walls with prims inside to fake seperate rooms. I'd love to be able to do that, but I can't follow the tutorials they post (even about building walls in Linden Homes), because I'm unable to build inside of my home? I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, is there something I have to enable to give myself the rights to build inside my home?

I have further come to discover if I go to the About Land and set the permission to allow all Residents to build within my Parcel, that I can actually build within my home. But I don't want it available for everyone to build in?

Huh. Weird. If you're able to set permissions for others to build, you should be able to build, too. I'll guess that this has to do with a problem of rezzing on "exotic" surfaces such as Mesh -- although the bare Linden Homes don't contain any Mesh, as far as I know, so this is a little puzzling. Anyway, if you want to test my crackpot theory, try to build directly on the ground surface rather than on the floor of the house.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.