Sign in to follow this  
Starry Randt

cant logon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

I have more or less the same problem. Tried withe tree different internet connections, that all worked before. Seems to coincide with the latest Mac 2.0 viewer update.

Problem only with my main avie with lot's of clothing attached...a simpler avie starts up without problems.

I'm totally clueless...did try lowering graphics quality...clear caches, etc, but it crashes every time with the "Darn. ...." message

Strip all HUDs and attachments from your main avvie and login to Smith. If that works ok, add back your scripted stuff one by one until you find the limit.

Thanks Peewee, starting to strip HUDS, etc (especially new stuff since this is a completely new problem) is exactly what I would do if i could login. Am I missing how you could detach things from your avie when you you can't login (.i.e. somtething in advanced or preferences....? Right now a Catch 22 problem.

Did try to login to smith and still get the same "Darn... message (after hanging around 2 minutes in 'Downloading clothing')

Thanks for your support

You could try getting into the Beta grid, sometimes people can get in there when they can`t get into the main grid. If you don`t have the other grids showing on login, there is a setting in preferences (beta grid is called Aditi).

Unfortunately trying to get into the beta grid gives exactly the same results. If I hadn't invested time and money into the avvie i could just abandon her and create a new one, but I really have 150,000+ Linden reasons for wanting her back...anything more in the bag of tricks (i really do hope so) ?

I don`t know much about Macs, do they have a system restore like PCs? Could you rollback the system to before the update to see if that is to blame?

Try a different viewer first to make sure its not just a combination of the Mac update and your current viewer.

Woots Congrats!!...I guess the Mac update isn`t compatible with your other viewer for some reason, try it again when the viewer is next updated if you prefer that viewer, the next version may be improved. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.