Soul-Seize-Hud-Control-Someone-Permanently-No-RLV-Needed-No-Collar-Needed-No-Attachments-Needed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

this new version needs to be deleted and it's creator BANNED,it controls other avatars FOREVER  WITHOUT needing permission

ALSO if it can do this,then it can be used to HIJACK a LINDEN EMPLOYEE AVATAR,meaning this game is gonna get damn bad real quick

I MEAN,WTF ,why would Linden Labs allow such a thing to be created,this ain't good by any means

What is different in the new version to the old one? It has been out for quite a long time and once permission is granted to it only the owner can (easily revoke) the permission which I think if I recall correctly is just for playing animations. Maybe there is a way to block it or revoke permissions to it.

That product is old & there are plenty more like it.

They all take advantage of the same "feature" - VWR-13228 - Object can obtain and retain permissions indefinitely without avatar's knowledge and no way of knowing who took it - possible security issue

If a REZZED object on the same region as you are has your permissions, you can use "Stop animating me" under Me -> Movement and this will stop the animation and revoke animation permissions so it cannot animate you again unless you give permissions or sit on the object.

If an object  WORN by another avatar on the same region as you are has your permissions, there is no way for you to revoke the animation permissions at all.

The object that has your permissions can only force animate you when it is rezzed or worn on the same region that you are currently on.

Note that  for TPVs that have 2 options named "Stop all animations" and "Stop and revoke animations" - the revoke option is no more effective then on the LL viewer. It can only revoke permissions for rezzed objects on the same region you are on. It will not revoke permissions for objects worn by other avatars on the region you are on.

• 5 months later...

Just got hit by this one today. NO WAY for me to revoke the assailant's permissions, since permissions cannot be revoked on a worn object.

It's unbelievable that this is STILL an issue, and is still being ignored.

The JIRA has been open and acknowledged for *8 YEARS*.

This is a MAJOR issue where someone can PERMANENTLY take control of another's avatar with ZERO recourse.

This needs to be fixed. I've had my account for 12 years and now I may have to abandon it due to this issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.