(RESOLVED) Paypal etc trying to get my money in rl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cannot find a forum area for this sort of question, and the "knowledge base" articles for this

subject are full of dead links.

I am sorry for posting this here, but anywhere in the forums would have been the wrong place,

it appears.

I want my money back and have "sold" my lindens which means converted them to USD.  Now

I want the money in my paypal account.  Problem:  I have been using a Visa debit card to pay

bills in here, and have no paypal account on file (but I do have a paypal account).  I have been

looking for an hour now to find the place where I input my paypal info so I can begin the process

of getting my money.

The links are DEAD in the article about this issue.  Does anybody know how to input paypal

and get money transfered out of SL and into paypal?

Thank you and apologies again for posting here.. it appears SL makes it very difficult to get

money BACK but very easy of course to put money INTO SL.

- kuux

Thank you for answering.  The problem is that the links to "payout method" do not exist,

although there is a graphic on the "knowledge base" instruction page.  It is faded and

does not allow a click to input the payout method.

The paypal account input did go successfully on the billing area you pointed out, thanx. 

I ran into that dead link graphic before, and thought it was supposed to be for the paypal

input, but as I say, the paypal account input was where you said it would be. 

Meanwhile, I can't for the life of me find the way to get my money transfered from SL

USD to my paypal account.  Been browsing that area and clicking all items in the menu

on the left in the "dashboard" page.  I'll keep trying.  Thanks for any additional help.

kuux

Thanks for responding.  The links there are dead, that is the reason for my concern. 

There are instructions BUT NO WAY TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS, NO FORMS, NO

LINKS TO FORMS, ETC.

That is the reason for my posting this thread.  My paypal account is now active, BUT I SEE

NO WAY TO TRANSFER MY MONEY FROM THIS SL COMPANY TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

I don't know how else to make the point.  Please do not get me wrong, as I appreciate very

very much efforts to help, but it's clear that those responding have not recently attempted to

get money from SL to a paypal account (or to anywhere else, as SL no longer allows money

to go from them to a registered bank account).

There must be a method, I just want to find out what it is.  :(

kuux

Are you saying that this link is dead (for you)?

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

What you want to do is
<<<<<<Click here.

That link also appears on the Knowledge Base page that I linked to (in the Process credit (withdrawal) section).

Are you saying that link is also dead (for you)?

(I suspect you're not seeing the links.)

That link you provided took me to a page with a dead "button" at the bottom that says,

"process credit."  That is the problem.  The relevant links on those pages are just dead

graphics or dead word/links. 

The "process credit" link button is at the bottom of that page you linked to, it is a light orange

or sort of beige color, and is flat and does nothing when clicked. 

kuux

I just read the "terms of service" in its entirety, and found nothing there I've violated.   I thought

maybe there was some kink I didn't know about, but nothing.

This is rediculous.  I wonder if SL considers the "free home" they give to premium members as

property and therefor I can't cash in my lindens because I have a debt.  I have no debts with SL

as I've payed all land fees and all tiers and then I "abandoned" the property right away.  I own

nothing (other than that little house which cannot be returned as far as I can see.. is that the

issue?  I need to find out how to return that even though no "about land" menu is there because

the house covers the "land"?).

Man oh man it seems like somebody here in SL would have gone through this and have the

steps.. and just answer why the links to "process credit" ARE DEAD.  :(

kuux

the only reason for me the link is dead is for this at the top of the page

There is a problem with your account

• Your account does not have sufficent funds to request a payout.

you should also get a message if it's caused by something.... you say your paypal is active, but is it also VERIFIED?

Yes the paypal account is listed as my payment method in the "billing" section of the "account" menu.

Maybe there's a kink because of the order in which I did things:

- Paid tiers (actually an auto pay from my bank account they told ME was payed to them).

- "Sold" my lindens back to SL.  They showed me a USD "balance" that I now have instead of a

linden balance.

- Abandoned all parcels I owned.

- Set up paypal account with SL in "billing"

- Attempted (attempting) to get my USD paid to my paypal account

kuux

I find this whole thing freaky, weird and even shady.  They show no easy path to retrieving money

from them that is not theirs, but mine in an account with SL.  They do show a path of course, but it

is full of dead links and is impossible to complete.

Thus the "shady" feeling about all this.  What is also very strange is that nobody in these forums

seems to understand how to remedy the situation.  Now that is really sad because the place has

tens of thousands of users.  :(

kuux

There's nothing "shady" about it. People cash out every. single. day.

The only thing I can think of is...

The minimum process-credit amount allowed is $10, plus any fees. The maximum amount per transaction is $9,999 minus fees. (The exception being if you are closing your account, where the $10 minimum does not apply.)

If you continue to have issues, perhaps you should submit a support ticket.

SupportTicket.png

Thanx for your response.  My amount is much more than the minimum you note and less than

the max.

Thank you for the suppport ticket idea.  That may help. 

kuux

The support ticket yielded some step by step instructions that included a link that I had not

considered before. 

Now there is a process going and I'm told via email that there is a waiting period etc.

Thank you all for helping.  It went badly at first because I was being sent to pages with dead

links. 

kuux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.