Download Textures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a problem when I download textures and that is when i will texture a skirt and open texture in building mode it is not there so I must do every prim one by one. I have download the texture in TGA and now I wonder if i have done any wrong?

The only time that a texture in your inventory will fail to show up in the selection window in Edit is if you do not have copy permission.  I can't think of any reason why that would ever happen if you made the texture yourself, but you ought to check just in case. (I assume from what you wrote that the texture is actually in inventory. If you did a temporary upload, then it will only be there until you log off. That would explain everything.)

BTW, it doesn't make any difference what format you uploaded the texture in (TGA, PNG, BMP, JPG). Once it's uploaded, it is stored in JPEG2000 format by Sl anyway.

I am slightly confused, though.  You said that you "downloaded" the texture, which means that you took a texture that was in SL already and you transferred it to your own computer. I'm assuming that you actually meant that you "uploaded" the texture from your computer to SL.  Right?

I had a similar problem recently... setting the next owner permissions in inventory cleared it up so that the the UPLoaded texture showed up properly...

other rules:

if the texture is (no transfer) you can only apply that texture by dragging to each face, or by script using llSetTexture (if the texture is in that prims contents)

if the texture is (no copy) you can only apply the texture by placing it in the prims contents, and using a script that calls llSetTexture

scripts cannot use any other texture setting calls except llSetTexture for (no copy) or (no transfer) textures... llLink* calls that refer to a texture in prim contents whith one of those two settings will fail (the script will give an error, that the items is not copiable/transferable, and state that it cannot find the texture) even if you are trying to apply the texture to the prim that the texture is in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.