How to Response to Inworld Grifing? Share your Experience

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Henry Darkthief wrote:

I don't think I've ever been griefed. Any time someone has done or said something to tick me off, I mute them without a single word adn walk away.

Lucky you Henry, some people really suffer from griefing maybe because you mute the drama so fast :)

Laetizia Coronet wrote:

You Abuse Report any griefing you encounter, then you block the griefers (or the griefing objects), then you go away. They want a response - don't give it to them. Don't counter-grief, don't reply, don't start a fight. Block them, calmly write an AR, and then be done with it. Tell others to do the same: AR; block, and ignore. And don't create drama in the Forums about griefing, or post pictures of griefing exploits.
All
of that spells 'success' to them
. They crave the attention - do not give it to them. Cheers, Tish Coronet Griefed since Nov of 2006 :-)

Thank you very much for sharing this Laetizia

Jo there is a way to make items disappear (to you anyway) I'm not sure if it's in all viewers but it is in the phoenix viewer. it's called "derender". I used it yesterday, I was watching a movie at Escapades (they got a mini cinema) and someone stood in front of the screen with flapping arms and such like. I did a right click and derendered them and they just disappeared, although I could still hear them and everyone else could still see them I think, but at least I got to enjoy actually seeing the rest of the movie :)

I know and griefers rarely bother me, usually they mildly entertain me with their sad behaviour.

But the problem is that I run a sim so I am responsible for the entertainment and enjoyment of all tenants, visitors, etc.

I can send messages and notecards to everyone and every new visitor to ignore the huge kube with swastikas in the middle of the sim (per example) but I see it as my duty to try and solve the problem asap and would expect LL to act a bit faster.

Perhaps they should create a flying squad for emergencies, I am sure 80% of tickets and AR's can be handled within a day or so, but some need immediate attention.

Not that long ago we had a tour for Unesco in our sim, President Obama was rumoured to be one of the participants.

Imagine thge damage a griefer could have done there?

Not just to our sim but to the general reputation of LL.

But Live Chat is now unavailable most of the day, tickets tage ages to look at, etc.

Maybe region owners should have an emergency contact line or something, to proper Lindens.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.