A bold idea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Lindens should try fixing Second Life instead of breaking it.

Just about every wonderful new idea of the past year has made things worse. I was just trying the Grid Flight. I couldn't even get the 'plane to fly out of the region it was starting in.

My ISP tells me that there are no problems. Speeds have improved slightly. Nothing I can measure suggests anything is wrong between me and the Second Life servers. It begins to feel like "It's you connection" is the excuse of the helpless and the incompetent. All the negative seems to be associated with the shifting balance between HTTP and UDP: the more HTTP traffic, the worse it gets.

I shall switch to Kerbal Space Program for my flying. No internet problems, and it has much better big bangs.

Not all planes are made equal. I have no problem flying all over SL, or sailing for that matter. Some planes are just horribly scripted with 10+ scripts in them, others do the same and more with less than a handful of scripts.

How many scripted items you have on you also affects how well you can cross sims - with or without vehicles. As a general rule of thumb I try to keep it below 10 when using vehicles, though lately thanks to collar (OpenCollar scripts are awful in more ways than one) I am at ~30, and it makes a noticeable difference when crossing sim borders.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.