Land/Prims question!

Oryion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so next question...

I want to pop a skybox.. well, in the sky. But the land needs to support a LOT of prims. Now, I'm new to this land-buying, skyboxing malarchy and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction!

At auction a piece of land will be advertised as 512m square and supports 117 prims. Is this a standard thing as I'm tping all over the place and although the land varies in shapes and sizes, the prims seem to be the same. Am I being daft?

Also, a sneaky skybox question which may be super obvious - a skybox does eat land prims doesn't it? So if I wanted a store on the ground and my home in the clouds, the land prims would be shared between them right?

Argh so confused! First I lose my chicken, then a bikini gets stuck in my house and now skyboxes have got me all confuzzled :/

Mainland 512 m supports 117prims - 1024 m supports 234prims - 2048 m supports 468prims...etc. You will also need to understand land impact ---> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043 and yes all prims on the parcel are shared regaudless of the altitude. If you own more then one parcel in the same SIM (even if not connected or next to each other) you can share the total prims between the two parcels even if you have all prims on one parcel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.