Theatres and Shows

Mags Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Blue Moon Bar has some really fun shows on Saturdays and they travel about a bit too - it adds another dimension to getting out and about in Second Life. Do you have any favourite theatres or show houses where the entertainment goes beyond 'some music and a bit of stripping'?

This is essentially an anti-spam thread - but it could be fun and informative too.

:smileyhappy:

The Blue Moon is grand!

Of course I also love the Odeon in 1920s Berlin.

A big old theatre where we have all sorts of entertainment from live music, to cabaret to original 1920s plays by Brecht performed by our German language students.

Occasionally I like to attend a performance of Geisha's in SL. They often use their own music via a stream and the Geisha's (or students) tell stories, with a moral. They are always beautifully dressed in Kimono's (or maybe I use the wrong word for their colorful dresses...apologies then!). A performance is always serene and  calm, and can be quite relaxing :).

My favourites are the Little Yoshiwara Okiya. They have their own theatre and regular shows. (easy to find in search with Little Yoshiwara, i don't have a link ready...)

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Occasionally I like to attend a performance of Geisha's in SL. They often use their own music via a stream and the Geisha's (or students) tell stories, with a moral. They are always beautifully dressed in Kimono's (or maybe I use the wrong word for their colorful dresses...apologies then!). A performance is always serene and  calm, and can be quite relaxing
:)

My favourites are the Little Yoshiwara Okiya. They have their own theatre and regular shows. (easy to find in search with Little Yoshiwara, i don't have a link ready...)

I love the diversity of theatre and entertainment one can find on SL - I attended the opera once - it was marvelous. Too many people seem to think that Clubs and Live Music Venues (which are great) is the only entertainment or 'theatre' available in SL and it's just not so. :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.