Search glitch

Vykker Navarathna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Not sure what heppened to the question I posted originally, so I'll try again.

I cant seem to search for adult content inworld. I'm have payment info on file (paypal) and lindens in my account.

I've set my prefrences to view adult content inworld and can even teleport to adult sims.

But for some reason I cant see adult search results, even though I'm able to search for them. (as in the dialogue box for adult content is visible and ticked).

All this has only happend since I logged on today, everything was fine 24 hours ago.

Maybe its just a glitch (I hope) but was wondering if there is anything I can do?

Help please.

8 answers to this question

Its not totally clear what you are saying there....Your preferences have allowed you to set your maturity rating to Adult and your search allows to check the boxes for Adult correct?...But despite this you are not getting adult results?

That sounds very strange, how do you know you are not getting adult results, is there a particular thing that you are expecting to see that is not coming up?

Yes, my prefrences allow me to search for adult content, and the adult search box comes up in the search content filter, but all adult search results are not shown, all I get is a message saying "welcome to SL search....bla bla"

"It appears you may be searching for content that is not allowed by terms of service" etc

But I have payment info on file and could access anything lastnight, just now all of a sudden now I cant.

its not making any sense.

Hmm that does sound bizarre, unless your searching for something really bad lol Even more bizarre that it was working previously, are you getting the same message for everything adult related or is it just a particular topic that its blocking. For example if you search for "Gorean" do you get results? That word is classed as "Adult".

Its odd, Gorean didn't work but "nude" did.

Not that Im looking for anything sexual, but I have a job in an adult sim as a host and dont want to lose it.

As long as I can Teleport with a landmark I should be ok.

But cant understand why everything was ok yesterday and not now?

Definately sounds like some alien glitch, see if it persists or resolves itself and if it looks like its here to stay I would submit a ticket (or have a word with LiveChat if you are premium). Test out a different viewer to see if its the same on the all.

You do however win todays Peewee Prize for weird anomily hehe :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.