Why can't I buy lindens with a card I know to be valid? I checked with my bank my card's fine.

AmbersSunshine1488303110

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I noticed this last night when I tried to purchase more lindens.  My card is valid I checked with my bank to make sure the site was not blocked by my bank or my account was empty but everything on that end of the transactions was fine.  My card will expire at the end of the month and I am still waiting to receive my new card in the mail.  Could it be that?

I tried to re enter the Card info and it will not allow me to do so either?

3 answers to this question

I've had this happen too, so I don't have a good answer for you...

what I did was deleted my on file information, waited one day, and refiled the information using a paypal account linked to the same card.

it may be possible to refile your original card and make it work but i didn't bother initially. I did at a later time and it was accepted, so there may be some issue on LL's end. you can try to contact billing support but I'm told they usually just tell you to use a different card or paypal ::eyeroll::

It could be that you had a payment method that is no longer acceptable since the new changes, which vary depending on whether you live in the US or not.

Anyone that already had that set up (such as non americans with Paypal) will be allowed to continue using it, but as soon as you try to update or change it you won`t be able to put it back in. I am expecting the same problem next year when my CC expires :(

Try calling the toll-free Billing department for the best advise in your case.

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

Im from germany and have the same problem, and cant renew my credit card. I did try 2 valid cards from Mastercard and Visa but both are not accepted. I did call my Bank, the cards both are valid. Dont know what to do? 

Ill hope Linden will resolve this validation problem fast?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.