Why Can't I Use the Feed Anymore???

Shalimar Poliatevska

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For some reason starting yesterday, when I post NEW things on my feed, and reload the page, I can't see them anymore (like I never made the post in the first place). If I comment on an old post, however, the comments stay. The same holds true for when I log on with an alt (or use a different browser!) and try to comment or post.  My friends, however, can sometimes see my new posts--and if they comment on them, I can finally see them, but ONLY if I get an email notification about their comment on my post and click the link (but if I try to see this link from my profile or theirs, I see NOTHING)! What the heck!!! Have I been blacklisted or something??? If so, what have I done? I haven't posted anything offensive or that violate the TOS. Is this yet another SL glitch (so many of them)??? Any help for this or are my days of using the profile feed finally over?

2 answers to this question

Hi Shalimar,

I've not heard of any recent feed problems, though the feed has never been a terribly reliable thing. Some past problems have been solved by switching web browsers. Have you tried Chrome or Firefox?

Good luck!

ETA: I am noticing that there are no new posts on the feed in the last 24 hours, including Trending. As you've described, people can comment on existing posts. So there does appear to be something borked in the feed. Hopefully LL still has the phone number for the intern that wrote the feed software, and can offer him/her enough pizza to fix it.

;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3394 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.