Follower as an attachment?

SelItami

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It was slowly going all the way around, but instead of being a smooth spin, it was more like watching the hand of a clock.  That stopped after I added Rolig's suggestion, though he is a bit jittery.  I'm wondering if it has to do with my initial offset.  My character is only 21 height, so maybe I have it set too high initially.

SelItami wrote:

My character is only 21 height, so maybe I have it set too high initially.

21m tall? Or 0.21m?  I'm not sure that I understand now. 

My own av is 2.1m tall. If I get its position with llGetPos, that will return a Z component that is 1.05m above the ground (well, close to it). If I want to rez an object one meter behind me that is 1.0m tall and has its feet on the ground, I should rez it at llGetPos() + <-1.0,0.0,-0.55>*llGetRot() .  If I rezzed your 0.21m tall follower behind me, I'd do it at llGetPos() + <-1.0,0.0,-0.945>*llGetRot() .

I considered that, but the OP can't measure the height of his follower on the appearance sliders.  Unless he means "character" == "avatar" ....????  If so, 21 is an arbitrary slider value, not his av's height.  You can't use it in this context.

More to the point, the spinning that he was describing sounded to me like what happens when a physical object gets knocked off axis.  That's why I suggested letting it go non-physical every once in a while, set itself upright, and go back to physical status again. I'm not sure how changing it's vertical position will change that, except to keep it from bumping into the ground as often, perhaps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.