my avatar/s spied out by spy tools in SL like redzone?

Maxine Kohime

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Disable all media is a way of preventing someone from aggregating data by IP / Viewer / Platform / Cookie.

It does not help in any way whatsover to prevent tracking of avatar name / location.

That sort of tracking can be as invasive as alt-outing. It applies to everyone - not just people who might have alts that they regard as private.

Right now, RZ - and other systems - are harvesting data that includes name and location. Anyone with the ability to run a few queries can track people and their company.

Preumably, we will have to wait a  while before enough people realise this and we have another month or so of high drama and peoples' opinions and enjoyment of SL getting rightly poisoned.

If LL need to be told that this is a problem, then nothing has changed in there. LL seem to do the absolute minimum that they think they can get away with - if they move at all.

Sling Trebuchet wrote:

It does not help in any way whatsover to prevent tracking of avatar name / location.

That sort of tracking can be as invasive as alt-outing. It applies to everyone - not just people who might have alts that they regard as private.

I do not know why someone would want to track me or my location (booorring).  Anyone I care about is free to ask where I am and I will answer. 

Venus Petrov wrote:

I do not know why someone would want to track me or my location (booorring).  Anyone I care about is free to ask where I am and I will answer. 

It's the ones that you don't care about or even know that perhaps might be more relevant.

Maybe you've never been stalked.

People's curiousity about the business of others can be insatiable.

The Net is an amplifier for people's oddities. Inside that, SL is like a pressure cooker for emotions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.