Stupid Question I know, but Can I buy a sky box/house & open it in a sandbox?

Darklightkelly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Darklight,

Yes, you can open a skybox in a sandbox, and occupy it for the duration of the auto-return timeout. Back when I was actively building, I'd easily spend an hour a day in public sandboxes. I learned to stay away from the busy times of day.  If your skybox is undecorated, it'll take you the better part of an hour to make it feel like a home.

Do realize that sandboxes are not intended to be homes and use them sparingly for that purpose.

I understand missing your little house, I've been there.

Just to add to Maddy's answer...

If you go to privately owned public sandboxes (i.e. those that are not owned by LL) check the rules.  A lot say you can only rez things if you are actively building and some limit the number of prims you can use.  You will find those that have rules like this either give you a notecard of rules when you land, have the rules posted on a sign, or state it in the land description.

• Like 1

Hello and nice to meet you.

I admit your question touched me and I am replying here for you.

I am a Landlord in SL and I would like to offer you a place to open your house and use it and pick it back before you log out.

If your house isnt too many prims and you keep doing this ( taking it back everytime you log out), I will let you use that place for long time.

Just make sure all objects are linked or let out the rezer box, so you can click "derez" and take it back just with 1 click, or you will need a lot of time to clear the place every time.

I hope you like my offer and I also hope that skybox isnt heavy primed and so I will be able to offer you that land for free.

Thank you,

Keep asking! It always makes your life better!

Here you can find me --> http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Skibbereen/189/77/21

and here is the place I am offering --> http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Skibbereen/201/47/2561

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.