Avatars, Inventory, My Profile not loading - just gray boxes.

jennaanne01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just downloaded SL today so I'm a newbie, and I haven't been able to start playing the game due to these issues.

I have a MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.1.  2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 
When I first downloaded SL everything seemed fine. After booting it up everything in the world itself loaded okay. But when I clicked on the windows or tabs inside the game, like Settings, Avatars, ect. all I that came up was a gray box. 

I have done a clean install about 3 times. I have downloaded the latests versions of Flash, Adobe, and Quicktime. I have made sure the in game preferences enable plug-ins, javascript, and accept cookies, and I have updated my System Preferences on my mac to allow App downloads from anywhere and I've turned my firewall off. 

I am not the most technically savvy person but at this point I am not sure what else I could possibly do to get the game to run properly. 

Help would much appreciated, many thanks. And let me know if I left any needed details out. 

1 answer to this question

Hi JennaAnne,

I don't know what's causing your problem, but you might try an alternate viewer like Firestorm. And if you did a clean install, did you follow the Mac specific instructions on this page?...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

I don't recommend enabling promiscuous app downloads. Should you choose to download an app that's not from a recognized source (like the SL Viewer) you can still launch it by right-clicking it and selecting "Open" from the drop down menu. You'll be asked for authentication, after which the app will launch. Subsequent launches of the app will occur normally, by double-clicking the app icon.

Good luck!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.