How can i allocate prims to subdivided land

Karma73

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Karma73 wrote:

I have dubdivided a small peice of my land to put up my store and im trying to figure out how to allocate a portion of prims to it ... HELPPPP!! :matte-motes-big-grin:

As long as all the land you own on the region is assigned to the same group you don't need to worry about it - you can have a tiny lot with lots of prims and a large lot that's empty if the total you own IN THAT REGION is high enough to support the total number of prims.

• Like 2

Theresa is right.  If you sell or transfer your parcel, the prims that go with it are fixed, based on the size of the parcel.  You can see that number (even if you don't sell it) in About Land/Objects tab/Parcel Land Capacity.

But if you own more than one parcel in a region, YOUR available prims are shown in "Region Land Capacity" and is based on the total square meters you own in that region.  You may use those prims in any way you like...put them all on one parcel, and leave the other(s) empty, for example.

If you were to rent out your subdivided parcel, you would give the renter a prim allowance.  It can be whatever you set, and you can keep track of their prim use with About Land/Object tab, or set out a prim counter device.  There's no way to automatically cap their prim use, however...if they go over their allowance, you'll have to speak harshly to them, or if they routinely go over their prims, select and Return some of their stuff.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.