Macbook help!!

xoorach122

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! I just downloaded Second life on my macbook and the installation worked, but when I went to open it the icon just bobbed a couple of times on the dock and then disappeared. I have searched a few forums but can't figure out how to get it to work!!

If someone could be of any help I would really appreciate it! It seems that I have all of the minimal requirements needed to run it according to the website. 

10 answers to this question

Awesome!! thanks so much! It looks like it is the newer version that doesn't work then because the old one loaded.. If I have to, I don't mind using the older version, but do you have any suggestions on how I could get the newer version to work now?

Thanks for your help!

Great news!! There are some different Viewer 2 versions available and also some of the 3rd Party viewers already have V2 features, so play around with a few to see what suits you best, you could also try the development viewer I think its 2.7 now & see if that one works for you so you will know in advance if you`ll be ok for the next update release.

there are some older v2 versions available on:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers

bad news! it's not working now! It opens and lets me walk around but as soon as I got to teleport it logs me off and closes. I went back to the viewer 1 but it did the same.. not sure what to do now. may just be doomed to never use second life!

bad news! it's not working now! It opens and lets me walk around but as soon as I got to teleport it logs me off and closes. I went back to the viewer 1 but it did the same.. not sure what to do now. may just be doomed to never use second life!

Don`t despair, now that you can actually login there are a few things you can tweak to see if we can get you to stay connected.

First check that your firewall isn`t blocking outbound TCP port 12043 & also try turning down your bandwidth in Me > Preferences.

What Graphics card do you have?

The first time you run the Second Life app on a Mac, it can take some machines a LONG time to start.  So long, in fact, that the bouncing icon will stop.  That's because it's setting itself up, creating the additional support folders and files it needs.  It should bring up the login screen after no more than two minutes.  if not, you can check to see if it's hung up by pressing cmd-option-esc.  If the SL application shows up on that list as not responding, you can force it to quit from that box, and then double-click to run the application again.  Fortunately, it only takes that long the one time - whenever you start the program in the future it should get going quickly.

Hope that helps!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.