Permission problems

Agrona Longfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This topic kinda links to my other thread about my items not loading to the market.

I made an item, all individual parts AND the box are the correct permissions. When I put the item in the box, it ends up No Transfer??  What am I doing wrong?

ETA: I am unable to change the permissions of these items in my own inventory

There are a number of things that would cause this.

1. You having something in the contents of one of the prims that is no transfer (like a script or texture or something)

2.. One of the textures you used is no transfer.

3. One of the prims was not made by you which has corrupted the linkset. This has happened to me a few times. I purchased some full perm flagstones plus sculpt maps from someone. Rather than using the maps to make my own flagstones I used the full perm sample version I was given . I linked it onto my garden and took it into my inventory. Suddenly the whole thing became no transfer. Non of it was logical. Even when I rezzed it and de-linked it I could not get any of the prims to return to full perm. Had to rebuild the whole thing again.

It takes just one item to throw the whole thing off. Just one tiny script or notecard in one little insignificant prim is enough. Check every single prim, check the contents of each and check all the textures.

Agrona Longfall wrote:

ETA: I am unable to change the permissions of these items in my own inventory

Permissions as show in the inventory can be confusing, that is because the perms displayed are the most restrictive combination of all the perms of all parts of an object. For example a prim with full rights which contains a no-mod script will be shown as mod when rezzed, but no-mod in the inventory.

As a result, viewing or changing permissions on items in your inventory is only really useful for items that are not a combination eg. a script, notecard, or texture.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.