Movie Media Error

xxriosparkxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Heyoz, everyone,

My boyfriend and I are trying to watch a movie in our own land, and I've stumbled across a problem: everytime we watch the movie plays through fine for the both of us, at first.  But, as it keeps going it stops, suddenly - for example, we're watching the Nightmare Before Christmas, and the movie suddenly stops at the part where Jack first enters the cemetery.  

My boyfriend reassures me that the movie isn't streaming anything, so it elminates the idea of it buffering.

I managed to download both Flash and Quicktime, too; as well, as downloading the proper viewer for the job - such as the 32-bit version of the Singularity Viewer.  

Him and I have been scratching our heads all afternoon and night because of this, and I can't figure out what could be wrong.  But, just to reiterate, again: whenever I try to play a movie, it suddenly stops right around the beginning half (or earlier), and just freezes in place.

Can anyone please help me?

--Rio

1 answer to this question

Rios,

The reality is that each of you is receiving the movie stream independently from the servers of your movie service provider. If both of you are seeing the same pause in the stream this suggests that the copy of the movie on those servers is corrupted. Does this happen all the time or only on certain movies and videos? 

Now SL steps out of the picture when you are streaming except to provide the texture that the QT software overlays the movie on. If it is happening all the time then you are experiencing local buffering or a SL reset. If SL determines that it has missed too many of it's information packets this can cause the reset of video streams. Make sure you are not using a wireless connection when sharing a movie together...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.