UMA Intel HD Graphics compatible?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know it means borrowed memory(or something like that lol) but is it ok for SL,my cousin wants to join SL.Here is some info on her laptop.
 Memory- 4gb
Hard drive capacity- 500 GB
Operating system- windows 8
Graphics processing type-UMA Intel HD Graphics

Eh, that's not really enough informaton to tell how it would work, but it's a definite maybe, so load up a viewer and see what happens. It's going to depend on how old the computer's design is.

Older Intel graphics offerings were absolute garbage, and would run SL at single-digit FPS when it worked at all.

But with their latest efforts, SL runs pretty acceptably on mid graphics. It can even be cranked up to full fancy for photos, but will run a bit slow to leave settings that high.

VanityLace wrote:

I know it means borrowed memory(or something like that lol) but is it ok for SL,my cousin wants to join SL.Here is some info on her laptop.

Memory- 4gb

Hard drive capacity- 500 GB

Operating system- windows 8

Graphics processing type-UMA Intel HD Graphics

Vanity,

While Intel on-board Graphics are generally not a great solution, the 4400 and 4600 varients of the Intel Graphics chip sets are usually passable for medium performance. Now you get the UMA version which you should avoid! Why? They are a shared memory technology and use the main motherboard memory. Not a great idea performance-wise.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.