can't log in

jonlblnc Lefevre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been trying to log in for 4 days now. It keeps giving me a failure and my account won't be available till a specific time. Usually about 5 minutes. I try after that time has passed and I get the same thing but now the time has advanced another 5 minutes (about).

a friend has told me that I am logged in since Thursday, its Sunday now, and knows where my avatar is. One problem, it isn't and I am not. Of course, this seems to stop me from getting back online. Has this happened to anyone else and if it did, do you know how you solved it?

11 answers to this question

your avatar is ghosted (system didn't log you out properly and thinks you are still online). this happens to everyone, just have a look around the forum

have a read at marigold's ghosting tips here: http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/424221#424221 esp. perhaps the d.i.y. method, it's possibly quicker than the ticket route and more fun i guess, i have never seen a ghost merge before

good luck and let us know how it goes!

I got in by logging in repeatedly to a low lag location and ignoring the time. I would close the message and try over and over. It took about 15 minutes. The status line you see when logging in climbed slowly and eventually got all the way across. it stayed there for a few more minutes as I kept trying to log on. Then it took. You really have to be persistent. Make sure after you log in you go find your ghost. If you don't you will continue to have the problem. Once you find your ghost, it disappears. You don't get to see it happen ((( To bad after all that work. I wonder why it happens. This is the second time for me in a couple of years.

jonlblnc Lefevre wrote:

It worked!!!! I just kept logging in over and over. It took a few minutes but finally got thru. Finding my ghost was not easy but I did. As soon as I landed near it, it disappeared.

Thanks

yay! \o/ always nice to get a happy ending

you're welcome (but i can't really take the credit for marigold's work ) . i'm glad it's sorted for you and that you were able to locate your ghost and merge with it - if you hadn't there would have been a big chance you would be ghosted again next time you logged out.

so yay again! \o/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.