My Video Card works with Everything But SecondLife

paulhinrichsen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

paulhinrichsen  wrote:

I use my video card (ATI Radeon Mobility x1600) to play other games, and it meets the requirements/recommended for Second Life but when i try to open the game it asks to update drivers or reinstall them.

I would follow that advice and go ahead and update your drivers.  Even on a newly bought computer, the video drivers can be over 6 months old and not everyone installs the complete graphics drivers sets.

--Cinn

I'm sure you know your card is not a new card.......about 4 years old.  It's certainly capable of running SL at medium to maybe high settings (it was considered a mid-range card comparable to the nVidia 7600 back in 2006).  If your drivers are current and not corrupted try going into your SL preferences on the video tab and unchecking " Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO)".  ATI cards and adapters had a pretty serious issue a year or so ago with the drivers not supporting OpenGL completely, but without any recent posts about that issue lately I figured ATI fixed those problems with drivers..........but maybe not the X1000 series (I can't be sure since I'm an nVidia fan myself).

But that presents a problem if you can't get to the log in screen.  When do you get this message and does it allow you to log in anyway?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.