Mesh Artifacting - please help

Michael Bigwig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's fixed...

* side note: the texture coords in SL didn't matter. I tried setting those to 1 and other numbers, it didn't fix it.

I did have to change some UVs around, as I increased the size of the handle's UV for better resolution. I also had to tweak textures after I optimized the mesh. 

I don't know what I did to get it to work...but the whole process is wierd. Sometimes if I don't select the object and delete by history or freeze transformations it won't show up in SL...sometimes if I tweak the UVs it won't show up. Sometimes if I export it with the texture on it (and not a default blinn or lambert) it won't show up in SL importer...

I had to troubleshoot step by step.

All's well in the end. I tweaked it down to only 1 prim, the textures are better, and I dropped the price to 25L to compete with the 1L version on the marketplace. :( 

Thanks SO much for all your help Aquila and company...if you need anything ever let me know in-world.

I usually save the unwrapping for when I am completely satisfied with the optimized model. If I make a change to my model afterwards I always unwrap again just to be safe and make sure my UV map is to scale and optimized.

I think you've done an excellent job on optimizing and getting the Li down to only 1 while still having your mailbox look detailed! These kind of optimizations make it worth that extra L$ over the 1L$ versions. I'd rather pay L$150 for an optimized build like yours then take a 1L$ 10Li version. I think when pricing you shouldn't get too extracted by the lowest price on the market. It's better to compare to the average price of the product type you're selling. If you know you've made a good product, charge what YOU think is a fair price for your work. Things like a good personal customer service can also be taken into account when setting a price (are you just selling or also helpfull to your customers when they have a problem with your product). Will you come to their sim to help them out if they get stuck? Also an established brand ussually gets away with higher prices for the same product then a newcommer would.

Believe in your skills and product, price accordingly and people will buy despite of all the freebies and 1L$ stuff floating around.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.