Being added to subscriber lists.

Mulder Bailey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On numerous occasions after purchasing items from the Marketplace, be it stuff for myself or gifts for friends, I have suddenly found myself being added to a subscriber list without my prior permission. I only know I've been randomly added to a list when I start receiving updates notecards from the creator I purchased items from.

Usually if you message the person in question they'll remove you from whatever list they added you to but there are some who don't and it's the ones that don't remove you that are really beginning to get on my nerves ... especially when they claim they never add people to lists that it happens automatically.

This randomly being added to subscriber lists mostly occurs when using the Marketplace and I'm sick of it. >_>

Also... note that this happened to you in a review of their product on Marketplace.

Its a very legit item to put into a review... because there's a whole lot of us looking to avoid that kind of spam.

I subscribe to some things, because I purposefully want to keep up with them. But for other things, I am perfectly capable of noticing a nice item in my inventory and going out to get another from the same builder... unless they've been spamming me...

Well this happens to me a lot.

As i am joining groups for events, some unscrupulous merchants thing they are entitled to add all the members with a "blogger" or "designer" tag to their list. And it's really irking.

I usually start by sending an IM, telling them i dont remember having suscribed to their mailer and asking if they can remove me from the list, asap.

if i have no answer and the spam goes on, there is a second IM, less polite, teling them this is the second request i am doing for they remove me from their list and next spam they ll be blocked and reported.

usually the first IM is enough for they remove me from the list. sometimes the second request is requiered. I rarely go to the block and report bec its fixed before.

Last week i recieved a new spam from a mailer own by an avatar who was obviously an alt created for this purpose as his name was showing clearly he was here for mailing.

i first sent an iM and noticed in the profile there was a pick saying i can remove myself from the list following a slurl and slapping a board. I went there and found not less than 100 mailers rezzed (a bit more). Each were able to spam 10 k person so u can do the maths.

I imed the owner of the sim telling him that if it was his mailer he had to stop that right now, and if there wasnt his he has to close the rezz rights on his sim to avoid same pb again.

he repplied politely saying it wasnt his mailer, he sent back a fist time, so he s going to sent back again and ban the person.

the spam was about a gatcha event, so i imed the managers of the event.

She said they are not doing that and are suspecting one of the merchants joining the event and are currently investigating.

of course i reported the spamer. Whoever is guilty, ill probably never know. As the spamer was an alt. But well i know the mailers are not transfer, so at least i wont be spammed again by this one since ive blocked him.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.