Adding a card to SL

alex Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Gift cards are not acepted ..I have never known for them to be acepted.... if you live in the USA.. I have been ussing the WalMart prepaid card and it has worked out perfect.. no other pre paid card will work for me.. it has a monthly hahrge of 3$ but it is well worth it.  not only it worksin sl  but also keeps you within spending budget.. you put in what you want ot spend and once that is gone you need to put more =)  Try it it really does work..

"it seems that visa gift cards are not allowed. Is anyone else having this issue?"

Visa giftcards haven't been accepted as a payment method for awhile now.

Workarounds...

Apparently if you tie your visa giftcard to your paypal account, it'll work then... I've no idea having never done it myself but I'd suggest asking paypal how to do about doing this.

Use a pre-paid card that does work... mastercard vanillacards for example.

If it's lindens you're wanting you can use the visa card to buy lindens from a third party site; this won't help as far as having a payment method goes and keep in mind LL does not support third-party anything.  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/L$_Marketplace

Ariel Leleu wrote:

Gift cards are not acepted ..I have never known for them to be acepted.

When I first bought lindens, I had no trouble with a prepaid Visa gift card (I had a couple I had recieved as gifts) other than it taking a little while to get accepted (about half an hour), but I did end up switching to a Visa debit card through my bank about the same time that prepaid cards started having problems.

I have been using Visa gift cards since I first started with SL. I had to go thru paypal and they drove me insane sometimes getting it just perfect but it always worked in the end. But now that LL decided that it was too easy for me to give them my money every month they change the set up and now even paypal is baulking at my evil visa debit card. I say money is money no matter how you get it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.