How do you get Abandoned Land up for Auction?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I heard from someone - cant remember who - who explained that if you see some abandoned land you can have it put up for Auction.

Is this true? I have some little strips of abandoned land on the edge of my property I would like to buy.

How do I do this?

Thanks for any help you may give.

6 answers to this question

If you own 2 sides of the lot, and your neighbor who borders it on the other side has no interest in the lot, LL will usually allow you to claim it.  They did for me, in my request, I had told them that.  Though it took them 40 days to get back to me (this was 2 years ago, so your results may vary).

You were lucky, my friend wanted one that he had 2 sides of and the Linden that came out to see it said you needed 3 sides to claim it and it had to go to auction. No one else was after it, he ended up buying it at auction. That was about 2 years ago too. Didn`t take 40 days though, they came out really quick to put it up for auction.

From http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Abandoned_Land_FAQ#Will_Linden_Lab_sell_abandoned_land_directly_to_me_if_my_claim_on_it_is_good_enough.3F (see underlined):

Will Linden Lab sell abandoned land directly to me if my claim on it is good enough?

This can sometimes be tricky, but there are cases in which a Resident  may have a pretty good claim to abandoned land. These can include but  aren't necessarily limited to:

• The land I own borders three sides of an abandoned parcel.
  • The land I own completely encircles an abandoned parcel.
  • There is a parcel of abandoned land directly between my land  and another Resident's land, but the other Resident has stated that he  has no interest in owning the abandoned parcel.
  • The land must always be less than 512 square meters.

Remember that these parameters are only guidelines; each parcel is  considered on a case-by-case basis, and the Land Team may not sell the  land to you even if you meet some of the claims. In many cases, there's  no single Resident who has a very strong claim to a particular abandoned  parcel, in which case it goes to auction.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.