Can't login, i think my avatar is ghosting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can't login, and I think that my avatar is ghosting. When I'm trying to login, I receive the message: Login Failed. The system is logging you out right now. Your account will not be available until...

I got this message all the time. I waited over an hour and cleaned my cache. About a half year ago I had the same problem, and then I was told to submit a ticket. So I wanted to do that right now, but I don't know what to choose. In the first menu, I choose "account issues", but in the second bar I can't choose the right option. Normally you would select "login issues", but there isn't an option like that.

I hope somebody can help me with this question,

Thanks in advance.

Hi Wesley.... I am responding to your original post because I have a friend who's had a 'ghosting' issue happen to her twice and both times was able to fix it herself.

Here is the situation..... she is an alt who wears a 'collar' (there in itself was the problem).

First situation... For some strange reason once when she went shopping there was enormous amount of lag so eventually she ended up in "ghost land" inside of a posterboard.  The sim said that she was there and yes you could see only her name, group tag and her avatar via mini-map but not her actual avatar because she was in mist form.  In trying over and over to log in after that it was to no avail so she gave up after a while.

For the Quick Fix.... Upon constantly trying to log in after that, she was finally able to and all she did was remove the collar and "Voila" she was free.

This 2nd situation which was pretty recent... She was on the beach and again lag but this time she not only was 'ghosting' on the beach(in mist form) but her actual avvy was floating in stasis back at her home.  Stating that she was tp’d back home.
The Primary logged in and saw her there in the corner of their home’s main landing spot just floating, as well she was back to her original 'noob' form... without modifications.

This time upon finally getting a chance to login once she removed the collar her Primary was watching and actually saw her ‘come to life’ again right before her very eyes.  You can't imagine how thankful she was yet so ends the story.

So overall if you are wearing a collar while ghosting and you get the chance to login if only for a few moments, take off the collar immediately as it causes issues within SL.  Worst case scenerio is that all owners will either be upset or understanding.

Dare I mention the creator of the collar... hmmm I'll have to pass.  I don't believe that submitting a ticket would help as she didn’t even try.

Hopefully this has been helpful to you on some level.

Hi friend. Solution maybe is easy, maybe no. The most normal is when this happend, wait than the owner of the sim reset it. If u dont know where is your avi, and how i see, u are trying to login all time...change the start location in login window and write the name of other sim (for example, Taber) for unlock your avi (for active this: press Ctrl+P -> tab General -> Tick Show start location on Login Screen) If all of this no works, clean cache and try again. I wait your answer and i wish u good luck

am have same issue, been three days and all i get is your account has been logged out til...(time/date)... my friends say i am showing as online, in world my profile says corrently online, butam not, am here for 3 days looking for an answer, my sim payment is due inworld, many will lose there homes in i cant get inworld. and will lose my sim. wth....please someone help me..

I had the same issue. I found my ghost but couldn't get near it. I sent a ticket to Linden Labs and they restarted the sim, and now I'm fine. If you send a trouble ticket to LL you'll likely think they didn't do anything about it, but they probably actually did. They aren't very good at following up on things. Submit a trouble ticket today and restart the sim, if you know where it is. If you don't, go in as an alt or have friends look for your ghost, hopefully they'll find you. Also, you CAN log in, just keep hitting the log in button repeatedly no matter what it's telling you; eventually you can get in. That's good for when you absolutely must get in, but it's a pain in the butt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.