Ban Fazuku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was in the mainland, and when I crossed a sim line Boder, my viewer (Phoenix) crashed. Its windows closed suddenly.

I waited a few minutes (10 or 15) and then, tried to login again.

I had this message: ""login failed, the system is loging you out right now. your account will not be available until ..."

I waited 30mn more, and tried again to login. Same message.

30 mn later, same message again.

For friends, I appear Loged in and I could receive IMs in my mail box. The ones who are able to locate me on map can't tell me where I am.

Before this happened, I was on the mainland at Sonogno and I crashed when I changed sim, I didn't know in wich direction I was going to.

I am now unable to login. (And I was trying to resolve a bad issue with my best friend)

What could I do ?

9 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life forums, Ban. You should always submit a support ticket on this issue, inform LL that you have a stuck presence that is preventing you from logging in, and with their God tools they might be able to see where you are on the world map and free you very quickly.

There is full and up to date information over on this other forum thread. http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/424221#424221

Please keep this thread up to date with how you get this issue fixed. And good luck.

P.S. Ban, I went to look. Your ghost is just in the next sim to Sonogno. Exact location is http://slurl.com/secondlife/Callisto/1/65/82

Ban ghosted.jpg

The quickest way for you now to fix this is to either

1.   Contact Live Chat and ask them to restart Callisto region.

or

2.  Follow these steps:

(a)  Bring up your viewer screen BUT DO NOT LOG IN YET

(b)  Change your login start location (to do this click on "edit" at the top of the log in screen, then "preferences", "general", and tick the box next to where it says "show start location on login screen", click OK/apply)

©  Fill in your normal name and password details, and now where there is an extra box, type in the sim name of Furball (this is an empty Governor Linden owned sim)

(d)  Now try to log in. Please ignore the message that may come up on your screen and ignore the time in particular.  Just keep trying to log in, and try, try, try. You WILL be able to log in between 1-30 minutes.

3.  VERY IMPORTANT.  Now use the slurl above to take you to where your ghost is. When your real avatar gets close to the ghost, the ghost will disappear.

Thanks for your help and for your welcome,

I already submitted a ticket but I found a faster way to resolve my issue here: http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/560493#560493 and here: http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/407595#407595.

What I understood, it is that Ghost avatars log out and relog indefinitly. So you have to try and try again to login until you do it when your avatar is logged out.

Tell me if it's right

Well.... now, my problem is my friend

She probably thought I didn't want to talk to her.

Ban Fazuku wrote:

I saw in the French part of this blog, that someone had the same problem, but no one found the solution, it is an old post, but I tried to explain what to do, I hope it will help.

http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/560755#560755

Fabulous! Thank you so much for translating into French and adding to the post. It will help a lot of other people, and it is very good of you to have thought to do that.

Marigold, I've watched you help SL residents, with the ghosted avatars, over and over. I wanted to thank you and tell you that it's very kind of you. Until today, I haven't seen how one looks like. It's kind of freaky. Every day in SL is a learning experience, especially in this forum. Again, thank you.

Kelin Baily wrote:

Marigold, I've watched you help SL residents, with the ghosted avatars, over and over. I wanted to thank you and tell you that it's very kind of you. Until today, I haven't seen how one looks like. It's kind of freaky. Every day in SL is a learning experience, especially in this forum. Again, thank you.

The ghost-thing is perhaps my substitute for stamp-collecting, started off really as something to do as a wind-down activity before bedtime, but as with a lot of hobbies (obsessions?!) its grown to something a little bit more than that.   It is a freaky phenomenon, that's for sure

I'm pleased you're having some enjoyable experiences inworld and on the forums; we've all got the capacity to learn new things all the time, and I think we certainly get plenty of food for thought within these discussions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.