Help please! Lost my avi!

Aura Delicioso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Aura Delicioso wrote:

Hi

I am not sure what has happened but when i log on i can see everything except for my avi. I have cleared the caches and tried to restart numerous times and i have no idea what to do about it.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

HI Aura,

When you say you can`t see it, you mean not at all or that you are a little fluffy cloud?

OK good that isn`t too bad, you just haven`t downloaded. First try rebaking a few times (ctrl alt R) this may work or may turn you into "Ruth" which is just the old form of a the cloud that looks like someone else`s avvie. If you can`t rebake back to yourself, there are a couple of things you can try.

Method 1

Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.

Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair, huds etc and a basic shirt and pair of pants.

Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

Method 2

Reset your avvie to default

Advanced Menu >>Character>>Character Tests >> Test Female

or

Developers Menu (ctrl alt Q)>>Avatar>>Character Tests>>Test Female

Depending which viewer you are on.

After whichever method works, you will need to put yourself back together with your usual parts, though method 2 is more work than method 1

Aura Delicioso wrote:

Great stuff. Thanks a million. All is sorted!

Awesome, well done.

If you used Method 1 I would recommend keeping the folder you made in your "body parts" or "clothing" folder & if you put a ! at the start of the folder name it will be near the top and you will always be able to find it quickly if you ever need to use it again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.