Search Problems

Mikayla Ares

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am using: Second Life 2.4.0 (216989) Dec 15 2010 06:48:45 (Second Life Release)

I also am using AVG for anti virus/internet security.

I have unchecked gaming mode in the firewall settings which let me even do anything with the search, but like I am trying to find the Elliot sim, and when I type in Elliot in the search underneath the clock, I get the search box come up with results and check marks next to Moderate, Adult & General. But when I click on the green search button I get this following error: Oops! We can only give you General search results right now (Error: Authorization Token Missing). To reset your authorization, please close the Viewer and log back in.

I have relogged in and its still giving me the error. How can I fix this?

Also in preferences, it is set to GMA and I have checked accept cookies, plugins and Javascript.

2 answers to this question

Hello Mikayla, as you have already worked out, this is problem with the Servers checking your Maturity preference.

Clear History Preferences >  Privacy. Close the Viewer.

Clear the Cache from Outside Second Life You can check the Disk Cache location from the login screen Preferences  > Setup.

Restore  to default settings without reinstalling, by moving all of  the existing settings files, to a different, temporary directory. The settings files can be found in the following location.

Shutdown  the computer. Fully unplug your cable modem, router, and other gear you  use to access the Internet for several minutes so that  residual        memory is cleared. This may purge "stale" settings.

Try logging into Region Smith, see Changing your login location and reselect your Maturity preference and let your Inventory fully load.

Relog to Smith and see if Search will work correctly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.