Sign in to follow this  
Starchild Magic

Sitting animations for shorter avs

Question

You might do better asking this in the animation forum ... http://blogs.secondlife.com/community/forums/animation

All I know about animation is what I've picked up from my business partner (she's the animator and I'm the scripter), but for a short avatar I think you would need to reduce the negative vertical offset.   My reasoning is that the animation is a set of instructions to the user's computer to draw your avatar at various offsets from the default position where the sim thinks it is.   So when you're sitting on the ground  it needs to draw your hips (? I think those are the reference point used) lower than the default standing position, but, for a shorter avatar, it doesn't need to move them as far down as it does for a taller one, cos your hips are nearer the ground to start with.

I may have got this back to front, and would welcome correction if I have.

2 answers to this question

You might do better asking this in the animation forum ... http://blogs.secondlife.com/community/forums/animation

All I know about animation is what I've picked up from my business partner (she's the animator and I'm the scripter), but for a short avatar I think you would need to reduce the negative vertical offset.   My reasoning is that the animation is a set of instructions to the user's computer to draw your avatar at various offsets from the default position where the sim thinks it is.   So when you're sitting on the ground  it needs to draw your hips (? I think those are the reference point used) lower than the default standing position, but, for a shorter avatar, it doesn't need to move them as far down as it does for a taller one, cos your hips are nearer the ground to start with.

I may have got this back to front, and would welcome correction if I have.