Sitting animations for shorter avs

Starchild Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just got into making still animations for photos, and I have a ground-sit animation I want to make. But my avatar is only 1.7 m tall - pretty short, even for a female. Aside from putting the animation in a poseball, is there a way I can be sure she won't be floating in the air or sunk into the ground?

(She can't use the ground sit animations in most female AO's because she ends up buried to the neck in the ground.)

I'm using Avimator, if that makes any difference.

2 answers to this question

You might do better asking this in the animation forum ... http://blogs.secondlife.com/community/forums/animation

All I know about animation is what I've picked up from my business partner (she's the animator and I'm the scripter), but for a short avatar I think you would need to reduce the negative vertical offset.   My reasoning is that the animation is a set of instructions to the user's computer to draw your avatar at various offsets from the default position where the sim thinks it is.   So when you're sitting on the ground  it needs to draw your hips (? I think those are the reference point used) lower than the default standing position, but, for a shorter avatar, it doesn't need to move them as far down as it does for a taller one, cos your hips are nearer the ground to start with.

I may have got this back to front, and would welcome correction if I have.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.