Can't sell things for free!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folkz.

I would like to make an object for sale, but for free.

I see that some have made objects for sale for free, so they cost L$0, like demos.

But I can't put it for sale for L$0, since my LL3 viewer refuses to let me sell anything for less than L$1.

Is there a way to go around this problem?

Thanks!

Well that is interesting. I don't use The Lab viewer but I am sure that is not their intent. If the problem persists there will likely be a JIRA on it. It takes some times for jiras to be resolved (a month of so after I stopped getting Marketplace notifications in email -- along with lots of other folks -- I now get them again; "I" didn't make any changes).

For now you could make a vendor that gives the item on touch. You will need a script. There are tons of free ones out there; you may have one in the script library in your viewer.

You could (perhaps) set the item as Free to Copy but that isn't used much these days so likely folks won't "get it". You could add floating text saying "Right Click and choose Take A Copy".

You could install another viewer.

My first step would be to relog if you haven't, wait awhile, go to a different sim. All the usual work arounds when things aren't working properly. I can't believe that the $1 bit is a PLAN :D

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.